The National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association (NLBMDA) elected its new leadership team in late October at the ProDealer Industry Summit in Colorado Springs, CO. At the association’s annual meeting, the NLBMDA Board of Directors elected Scott Yates as the new chair of the association. Scott is president and general manager at Denver Lumber Company in Denver, Colorado. and is replacing outgoing chair JD Saunders, president of Economy Lumber in Campbell, California.
In addition to Scott, the other members of the 2015-2016 NLBMDA Executive Committee are:
- Chair-Elect: George Lester, The Lester Group Inc., Martinsville, VA
- Treasurer: Scott Engquist, Engquist Lumber, Harcourt, IA
- Manufacturers & Services Council Chair: Gary Nackers, Do it Best Corp., Ft. Wayne, IN
- Federated Association Executives Chair: Karen Baker, Oklahoma Lumbermen’s Association, Seminole, OK
- Immediate Past Chair: JD Saunders, Economy Lumber Co., Campbell, CA
- President & CEO: Jonathan Paine, NLBMDA, Washington, D.C.
George Lester has been an active member of NLBMDA and state associations for more than 50 years. He has a tremendous amount of industry knowledge and association experience. As Chairman & CEO of The Lester Group, he oversees diverse enterprises that include BMSA Members Fortress Wood Products, Jim Carpenter Company and Taylor Brothers. Congrats George!