Applying Industrial Design to Improve Yard Layout and Operational Efficiencies: LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE
Date: Tuesday, March 21 & Wednesday, March 22
Location: Charlotte, NC
The class will cover the following steps:
- Grouping product families/SKU’s
- Collecting and analyzing delivery and customer pick-up data
- Mapping the “Current State” of the yard by product location, truck staging/loading areas, and customer pick-up driving patterns
- Determining distances traveled by pickers as they assemble orders
- Brainstorming opportunities for improvement
- Developing criteria for evaluating “Future State” layouts
- Create new layout options
- Determining best “Future State” layout and evaluate layout against criteria and new travel distances
- Developing the implementation plan
Day One March 21st 1PM – 4PM: Introductions to “kaizen” (continuous improvement), yard assessment methodology, and workshop materials.
Day Two March 22nd 8AM – 4PM: Using Excel spreadsheets for analyzing the data, participants will prepare a road map and timeline to improve the efficiency of the lumber yard layout. Laptops will be used in groups, so please bring a device if you have access.
SPECIAL NOTE: There will be a one hour homework assignment that will be distributed two weeks prior to the workshop. Completing this assignment prior to the workshop will help participants better utilize their time during the sessions.
Click here for the Seminar Registration Form which contains detailed information on the program, your speaker, cost, location and time of workshop.
Margin Growth and Management Seminar:
Date: Tuesday, April 18
Location: Richmond, VA
In this POWERFUL one day workshop you will learn:
- The Importance or Pricing Integrity and HOW to establish an Integrity Process within both your Stock and Special Order segments.
- The Dangers of Unbridled Freelance Selling and how to pull individual salespeople into ONE Potent Sales Team.
- The distinction between Exceptions to Pricing and complete abdication in Leadership AND how to successfully reassert Leadership into Margin Management.
- Successful “OLD SCHOOL” methods of enriching margins by selling FULLY into a Project of any size.
- How to identify the holes in YOUR Margin Management Practices and HOW to form a simple strategy to achieve unprecedented levels of success in Your Profits Plan.
This workshop will prove to be a potent element of YOUR organizations success in 2017 and beyond. Suitable participants include Sales Managers, Top Level Salespeople, Owners and Top Level Executives from any sized organization.
Click here for Seminar Registration Form which contains detailed information on the program, your speaker, cost, location and time of workshop.